Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe
French yogurt cake is very commonly found in French homes as its recipe is one of the simplest to follow. With just a few ingredients and no special equipment, you can make this deliciously moist cake come to life. You can enjoy at home accompanied by a perfect cup of tea, or serve during any other occasion at that. The incorporation of French yogurt into the recipe, heavily contributes to it's smooth texture. In addition to yogurt being one of the main ingredients, traditionally, French home bakers use the same yogurt containers to measure and pour the ingredients.
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 extra-large eggs
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/3 cups sugar
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup La Fermière plain yogurt
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
(1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
(2) Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it's all incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
(3) Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Allow to cool.